Friday, July 26, 2013

Open doors...

You can't be locked in a closet forever. I believe that when God closes a door in your life, he will open another. 

I spent a year living in confusion. Not knowing what I was supposed to be doing. Praying daily that some prayers would be answered and that I would have some kind of direction in my life. I know that God doesn't always answer your prayers the way you want Him to. He may not be saying "no", he may just be say "not right now.

It was around the year anniversary of us moving to the U.P. when I started feeling like weight loss surgery was still what I needed. I was willing to save up and pay for it out of pocket. It was something that I felt that strongly about. I knew it was something that would be good for ME. I called the surgeons office to set up an appointment and when I was asked about insurance, I told them that my insurance didn't cover the surgery. The sweet lady on the other end of the phone simply said:

"Why don't you call them again and see if they still don't cover it, things change all the time"

That was something that I didn't even consider. I just figured that that was that. Insurance doesn't cover it and that won't change. My next phone call was to my insurance company. I talked for a while with a lady about what exactly I was looking to have done. She said that the way it was stated in the policy was confusing and that she needed to look into it further and she would get back to me. I hung up and just prayed, I prayed that this was what God had for me and that my insurance company would cover it. When the lady called back, I didn't want to answer. I was so nervous that she would just tell me no. I answered the phone and what I heard on the other line was music to my ears.

"Hi Amanda, I talked with a few of my superiors and from our understanding weight loss surgery is a covered benefit."

Praise God! I was so beyond happy! This gave me renewed hope. It gave me faith that God knew the plans he had for me. 

When one door closes, another opens!

No comments:

Post a Comment